US Highway 169
The Garrison Creek culvert was built by the CCC in 1938. It carries Garrison Creek (Carlson Creek) under US Highway 169. The eastern headwall remains, the western removed when the highway was widened. The culvert replaced a wood bridge. This was one of several roadside features built by the same CCC camp.
|East headwall, Garrison Creek Culvert|
The stone used in this bridge probably came from a quarry near Isle, a community located on the southeastern shore of Mille Lacs Lake. The Isle-Warman Creek granite region contains outcroppings of red, gray, and black granite that were quarried by various companies. (Historic Roadside Development Structures on Minnesota Trunk Highways)