Saturday, March 15, 2014

Conservation Building (NRHP)

Walker, MN

Craftsman-style, clapboard and shingle wildlife museum and civic building designed by Donald J.C. Parsons and built in 1934-36 under the SERA and WPA. 1

The building was added to the Register January 15, 2003.


The Leech Lake Chamber of Commerce and Walker Bay Spirits occupy the building.



1   National Register Property Details : National Register of Historic Places : mnhs.org. (n.d.). Retrieved March 4, 2014, from http://nrhp.mnhs.org/NRDetails.cfm?NPSNum=02001706
SERA - State Emergency Relief Administration
WPA - Works Progress Administration (Works Projects Administration, after 1939)