Big Pine Lake Roadside Parking Area consists of a partially paved parking area, a boat launch, and a dam on Pine River at the north end of Big Pine Lake. The site was built circa 1960.
It is not one of the more remarkable historic roadside structure sites.
|1937 WPA dam|
The bridge (8921) carrying Hwy 18 over the Pine River was built in 1956.¹
|Parking area lake access sign|
¹ Historic Roadside Development Structures on Minnesota Trunk Highways (1998)