This roadside parking area is a bit unusual; it greets west bound traffic to Alexandria with a rune stone replica 5 times the size of the original, but there is no parking area. The site is best seen by taking city streets to the south side of the park. This site was built in 1951 by the Minn Dept of Highways (MHD) and Cold Spring Granite Company.
The features include the rune stone replica granite marker, granite benches, flagpole, and mooring rock. The site is nicely planted with decorative plants.
The Runestone Museum